Monday, December 24, 2012

Twas the night before Christmas....



‘Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house, I wandered through it, quiet as a mouse. 

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care, so thankful that this year, Mike’s was still there

While he slept contented on Ali I checked, my head bowed in that prayer, thankful God didn’t neglect. 

We’d been through so much, and came out alive. I thanked Him for Mike and the health that survived. 

The lights on the tree twinkled so bright, I looked back on a year of hard times and fright.

The surgeon said, “Sir, you have an hour to live.”  Mike’s first thought was, “What must I give?”

This leg that carried me since my birth, must now be sacrificed to keep me on earth.

With eyes closed he placed his life in God’s hands, knowing his days fell through an hourglass like sand.

Every man is appointed an hour to die, but when Mike was most fearful he didn’t ask why.

He trusted that God would carry him through, and be it His will, Mike would live days anew.

The surgeon, a blessing, saved life and leg, leaving us to wonder, leaving Mike to beg.

“What must I do with this gift given me?  This life I resume?” he asked on bended knee.

God said, “My son, you are mighty and strong.  You had a dark childhood, treated so wrong. 

You were carried through life by Me many days, I saved you for THIS time, so powerfully you pray. 

You pray to Me for peace, for truth, for vision.  You pray for your family, and ask for provision.

My vision is this, dear soldier, dear child.  I am strengthening you for times coming wild.

Man’s love for each other is waxing so cold.  With anger they act, with hatred so bold.

My Son on a tree hung for man’s sins, but hearts are now hardened, they won’t let Me in.

My desire is to love them, to shelter, and heal.  My fear is that hardened hearts cannot feel.

I ask YOU to share me with those you hold dear.  Those wondering in grief, in frustration, in fear.

Tell them about My grace and its power, to give them peace in this difficult hour.

Tell them I haven’t forgotten them, see, I am there for their asking, when they come to Me.

I don’t ask for sacrifice, for presents, for deeds.  I desire that they come to me, bringing their needs.

Their needs for peace, for sleep, and for food.  Their needs for their families, their desires for good.

I love them all but can’t get them to see, they don’t have to “do”, they just have to see.

To see with their hearts, and accept My free Gift, of My Son, the Christ Jesus, their hearts I can lift.

I can give them eternity, walking with Me, when they accept the forgiveness born at Calvary.

This Christmas, after opening up all of the gifts, turn your eyes to the One that heals the rifts. 

The pain in your heart by those that are broken, is healed with grace, His words unspoken.

The baby whose job began in a manger, is felt each time you smile at a stranger. 

Let them see Jesus with the warmth of your heart.  Tell them their peace begins once they start.

Believing in HIM in a world filled with strife.  The world left behind, they will have a new life.

As the presents are stacked up under the tree, take the time to accept Him when on bended knee.

He loves you and waits for your humbled, broken heart.  For that is when your life will truly start.

We are so incredibly grateful for all the love and support and prayers offered to us during the seemingly endless months Mike has been sick this year, and battled to just walk again.  You’ve kindly allowed me to unload my heart and in return the prayers absolutely lifted us up out of the destruction caused by a bug.  Things are not going to get any better in this world, which is why I tried to come up with this poem to share God’s love with those in your lives that need His grace and touch in their lives.  Christmas will be very small and quiet this year.  That’s just what we needed.  Everything has been on such a huge scale this year that I’m perfectly content to just have a quiet day of reflection at home.  That first night I came home with Ali, while he fought for his life in recovery and later in ICU.   I was clung to faith and had, at the hospital, told God that I would accept His will for Mike if He promised to give me the strength to live a life that would honor my husband’s memory if His will was to take Mike Home.  He obviously had other plans for Mike and for us and we are patiently waiting to see how He will use us for His purpose.  Could be big, could be small.  Our job isn’t to determine what we will do.  Our job is to be obedient to His leading so that more people would come to Him after sharing God’s miracles in our lives.

I hope and pray you all have a beautiful, peaceful, memorable Merry Christmas.  I didn’t send out a single card this year, just too worn out, to be honest, so this is our “card”.  God bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment